Published on 26 June 2022 in News

Today, striking news comes out. Evolution gaming would be to the board of NetENt have sent a purchase proposal of AU$ 2 billion. With this proposal, the company plans to take over 90% of the shares. At a later time the remaining 10% of the shares of the company will be taken over.

NetEnt was the number one software supplier for years for the online casino. The focus is mainly on slots, but they also build table games and live games. Evolution gaming is the number one supplier for the live casino. By joining forces, this company is growing up to the number one software supplier in the world.

NetEnt has difficulty in recent years. Competition increases continuously and there are software suppliers that do better than NetEnt. The quality especially seems to be reversed. Evolution gaming hopes to bundle the powers with a takeover and return the quality at a top level.

Until 1 October the time to think about the proposal

NetEnt has been able to handle the amount of AU$ 2 billion euros. They indicate that it is a good offer. The bid is now transferred to the shareholders of NetEnt.

The board has indicated that an acquisition by Evolution Gaming would be a good move for the company. The company can thus take over the number one position in the world of the online casino.

The offer is officially released from 1 August. The board and shareholders have until October 1 to think about the bid. According to rumors, the shareholders would also be positive about the offer. There is therefore a good chance that an agreement is coming.

Takeover is strategic move with legalization American market

According to sources, the acquisition of NetEnt would be a strategic move. In America they are busy regulating online gambling. In more and more states it is permitted and this grows the market share in America hard.

With a takeover of Netent, they can also launch the video slots in America. NetEnt has already gotten more foot in America in recent years and also starts to grow a well-known name.

Evolution gaming also builds up Live Casino Studios in America. They have already set up a studio in Michigan and Pennsylvania. By joining the powers with NetEnt, they hope to reach even more online casinos in America.

Online casinos are not happy with the bid

In the online casino world, the owners of the websites are not happy with the Mega takeover. EVOLUTION GAMING gives a super strong position on the internet. As a result, online casinos are almost mandatory to work with this company.

Most casinos prefer to work with a few small studios. If a collaboration does not run well, the consequences are less large to remove a studio. Incidentally, a definitive acquisition is not yet around. So it's waiting for what will happen soon.