American roulette is a casino game that you can play at gambling sites. Together with European and French Roulette, it is one of the three most important operations of this authentic game. The game used to be offered only in America's casinos, where it is also created. Nowadays you can easily play it from your lazy chair at home. Because many online casinos where Australia players are welcome, have taken this table game at home. And it's not so strange that they did that, as you will see. Are you a fanatic rouletteefan, or did you never play the game? Read here how American roulette works, which bets there are, and how you can earn money with it.
Where does this version of Roulette come from?
From America, of course. Games are not fixed systems. They are very often customized - older rules are deleted, new rules are added. That happens by the passage of time when a game is rediscovered, or if it ends up in a new place. The latter happened to roulette. The original version of the game was created in France in the 18th century. When it was popular and ended up in England, it was edited there into a version that we now call European Roulette. But the game was also played in the European colonies in North America. At a certain point there have been people who have made adaptations to the game.
It Result is American Roulette, which is still being played in the US. But you can now also try it out very easily yourself in the polder. An account with a gambling site that has taken it into the house is all you need.
How the game works at a live casino - briefly summarized
- To play American roulette, you need an account with a live casino that offers the game. Click on the game of the Game Room to start the game.
- At a live casino you play this game with toy money. You can use that on the boxes of the game table, dragging a sheet with a certain value.
- Press the Spin button. The rouletterad then turns, and the ball ends on a number. This is the winning number.
- You see immediately or has won your commitment. If so, you will remain commitment and the profit will immediately be put on your account. If you lose, your bet disappears.
- You can now play a new jar with another bet. With the ReBET or Respin button you copy the bet of the next round.
The differences with French and European roulette
This game looks pretty on its international counterparts. If you know the rules of European roulette, like most Australia people, you actually know how the American edition works. Yet there are a few things different at American roulette. A few of those differences have little or no influence on your chances. But one difference does.
- The order of numbers on the player is completely different from in Europe. That does not affect your opportunities. But if you are one of the gamblers who know the order of the roulette stalls from your head, this takes some getting used to.
- The game table at the American version is as large as that of the European variant. That is about half as large as the large game table of the French form of the game.
- The neighbors game (with the big series, jeu zero and so on) is not played in America. At the game table you will not find the "racing track" that you use to use this part.
- There is an additional bet (bet), the basket bet, which can be done at 5 numbers.
- The game board has 38 numbers, instead of the 27 numbers in Europe. There is one extra box in the game. That is the Square 00 - Double zero so - an ominous designation of what this box does.
What is the effect of the extra zero box?
The value 0 box is the hated box where all bets canceled to the casino. This box ensures that the casino is always a small profit on average, over the course of thousands of rounds of roulette. We call that profit the house advantage. That house advantage is at European roulette 1 in 27 numbers = 2.70%. The remaining 97.30% returns to the players in the form of payouts.
The extra compartment 00 at the American game functions exactly the same as the 0 box. If the ball lands on the box, every player without pardon loses his commitment. Through this extra compartment, the house advantage rises to 2 in 38 numbers = 5.26%. Almost twice as high as European roulette so - and almost four times as high as Frans Roulette with the La Partage rule. That is the most favorable roulette game for the player to play, with a house advantage of only 1.35%. The extra 00 compartment therefore has an unfavorable effect for the player. Because one box is extra in the game, the chance to get any other bets automatically gets smaller.
The deployment and payouts at American Roulette
With this game you can do dozens of different bets. All have their own chance to win, and another payout applies to almost every bet. Here is an overview of all bets that you can do, with the official American terms. Pay attention to the payouts. A profit of 1: 1 means that you receive and receive your bet amount, one once you receive your bet amount extra as a profit.
These bets are located at the edges of the game table ("outside"). It is easy to win with these bets, but the amount that you receive is not very high.
- The Bet on Color is a bet on all red or all black numbers. You have a profit chance of 47.4%. The payout is 1: 1.
- The LOW / high bet is a bet on all low (1 to 18) or all high (19 to 36) numbers. You have a profit chance of 47.4%. The payout is 1: 1.
- The Even / Odd bet is a commitment to all of all odd numbers.
- You have a profit chance of 47.4%. The payout is 1: 1.
- The boxes bet is a bet on 12 numbers. It then concerns one of the three dozens numbers (1 to 12, 13 to 24, 25 to 36). You have a profit chance of 31.6%. The payout is 2: 1.
- The Column Bet is a bet on 12 numbers. You put in one of the three elongated columns on the game table. You have a profit chance of 31.6%. The payout is 2: 1.
These are the bets that are in the heart of the game table ("Inside"). They are a lot harder to win than the outside bets. If you succeed, you will receive a higher benefit.
- The Line bet is a bet on two rows, from a total of 6 numbers. You have a profit chance of 15.8%. The payout is 5: 1.
- The basket bet is a bet on 5 numbers, namely the numbers 00, 0, 1, 2 and 3. This bet is unique to the American variant. You have a profit chance of 13.2%. The payout is 6: 1.
- The corner bet is a bet on a block of 4 numbers. You have a profit chance of 10.5%. The payout is 8: 1.
- De Street Bet is a commitment to a row of 3 numbers. You have a profit chance of 7.90%. The payout is 11: 1.
- The split bet is a bet on 2 adjacent numbers. You have a profit chance of 5.3%. The payout is 17: 1.
- The single bet is a bet on 1 single number. This is the most daring commitment to Roulette. You have a profit chance of 2.60%. The payout is 35: 1.
Are there good reasons to play American roulette?
Roulette is always surprising and always exciting. Which version you choose. Yet there are good reasons to play French or European roulette at the online casino. The most important thing is that the house advantage is just twice as high at the American game. You reduce your profit chance with a few percent. And there are no clear benefits. You don't get higher payouts, there are no special bonuses, and no exciting extras. The only thing American roulette offers unique features is the basket bet, a bet on 5 numbers with a benefit of 6: 1. Even that falls against - in American casinos he is called the "sucker bet". That is because the amount that you can win with it is relatively low for the profit chance that you have.
In fact, the only good reason that your American roulette would play the atmosphere. You will find it at the live casino versions of the game, which you play live in a real American gambling tent in Las Vegas. If you had always wanted to play in Vegas, this is your chance - without having to step on the plane. For all other critical players we recommend that you find another variant of Roulette.
Extra information about the American variant
The biggest difference is the house advantage. American roulette does not have one zero, but twice the zero on the wheel. This makes the casino twice as likely to win. Another difference is that the order of the numbers on the wheel are different. According to some players, certain numbers fall more often.
The payout percentage is 2.6% lower than with the European version. As a result, the official RTP percentage lies at 94.74%.
No, you will only come across the French variant and sometimes with the European version. Unfortunately, the American version does not have this rule. Because of this you simply lose your commitment if the zero falls with a red bet.
The main reason is of course the high house advantage for the casino. Players mainly want to win and therefore like to choose the European version or the French variant.
Yes the live variant is not always available, but there is regularly in between. There must be just a table in which you can play this version live. Of course you can always sit down because there is no limit to players at the live variant.
There are players who are sacred to it that certain numbers are often falling to the American variant. This is a reason why they still choose the American variant. The only way to find out is by testing it yourself!